Saturday, November 02, 2013

Daily Interruptions


It seems my grand experiment that began a little over a year ago of posting a new review every day has run into its first major hiccup. No, it has not run its course just yet, hopefully; but events have occurred in the Penny in the Well family that have made it impossible for me to keep up such an intense schedule for the time being. I will still review movies on a regular basis. In fact, I imagine that there will more often be a review posted on any given day than not. I cannot, however, justify the time required to watch and review a film each and every day.


Over the past week, regular readers may have noticed that I missed a couple of days. Thanks to my intense viewing schedule of Horrorfest ’13, I was able to finish out the month of October without much effect on the daily schedule, but going into November, I need a break from the demands of having to post a new review each day. For the first time in—I’m not sure how long—I’ve missed some major releases in theaters, and now it is affecting my home viewing as well.

I also fear the added pressure is beginning to affect my writing quality as well. The posts have been coming much later in the day for quite some time now. Several were posted in this last month without ever being edited. And some pieces I just haven’t put much effort into. I’m a believer in doing something right, if you’re going to do it. Even though I pretty much do this out of the joy I have for movies, I don’t think it’s fair to my followers to put out a compromised product.

To be sure, there will still be plenty of reviews to be read here at A Penny in the Well each week, just not quite as many. Upcoming reviews will include my thoughts on Sofia Coppola’s “The Bling Ring”, the family animated feature “Epic”, late television reviews of the summer series “The Bridge”, “Orange is the New Black” and the finale of “Breaking Bad”, and the theatrical reviews of the upcoming “Thor: The Dark World” and “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”. So, not much will change around here. It’s just a frequency thing. Keep visiting us daily to see what’s new.

No comments: